CozmoTV will be offering 80 Nintendo Wii ®s to the first 80 people that reach an 80% Rating confidence. We're doing this to build up a pretty good base of rating information so that CozmoTV's personalization engine can really start to work some magic.
Building Rating Confidence in CozmoTV is pretty easy, all you have to do is rate a bunch of shows:) The contest kick off date is December 14th, 2006. So register for CozmoTV and start rating those shows, we need your help to make CozmoTV truly personalized.
If you have any questions about the contest, please forward them to . We'll try to answer them as quickly as possible. Until then, enjoy CozmoTV!
'80 for 80' Contest Rules'
2. Eligibility. The Contest is open only to natural persons who are least thirteen (13) years of age as of December 14, 2006, who are legal residents of one of the 50 United States of America or Washington, D.C. Employees of Sponsor, and immediate family members (or persons living in the households) of any such employees, are not eligible to enter the Contest. Sponsor will only accept entries that have been completed and submitted as described below.
3. Entry. The Contest will start on December 14, 2006 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (the "Start Date"), and will end when 80 winning entries have been identified by Sponsor, or on December 14, 2007 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time, whichever comes first (the "End Date"). Sponsor will regularly post notices to inform Entrants of the then-current number of winning entries (as they are identified) at the official Contest page at http://cozmotv.typepad.com/cozmotv/80for80.html. Each Entrant must provide all the information required at Registration at the Sponsor's Contest Site [http://www.cozmotv.com/]. Only one (1) entry per Entrant is permitted. In order to enter the Contest:
- Go to Sponsor’s website at http://cozmotv.typepad.com/cozmotv/80for80.html (the "Contest Site");
- Create a Cozmo TV account ("Account") if you do not already have one;
- Complete and submit the entry form on the official Contest page at http://cozmotv.typepad.com/cozmotv/80for80.html.
- Participate by selecting, viewing and rating video content accessible at the Contest Site, as described below.
Entrants may only enter the Contest using one (1) email address. Once an email address has been used to enter by an Entrant, that email address cannot be used by any other person for this Contest. Entrants are responsible for notifying Sponsor of any change in Entrant’s e-mail address by updating Entrant’s Account information. Sponsor will have no responsibility for, and will have the right to refuse in its sole and absolute discretion, any copies of submitted entries, entries that have been tampered with, or entries that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible, whether due to Internet or e-mail server failure or otherwise. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail account specified in the entry. "Owner" means, for purposes of these Rules, the person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address."
4. Participation. This is a contest of individual judgment and speed. To participate, each Entrant must access his or her Account at the Contest Site, select and view the video content ("Video" or "Videos") of his or her choice, and rate the Videos by selecting a rating of one (1) to five (5) stars. Each rating submitted by an Entrant will increase his or her "Rating Confidence" status. The first eighty (80) Entrants to reach 80% "Rating Confidence" status, as measured and determined solely by Sponsor, will win a prize as described below. Only Videos that are accessible at the Contest Site will count toward an Entrant’s "Rating Confidence" status. Sponsor estimates that to reach 80% "Rating Confidence" status, an Entrant will have to view and rate between six thousand (6,000) and seven thousand (7,000) Videos. The amount of time it will take to rate between six thousand (6,000) and seven thousand (7,000) Videos depends on the running time of each Video selected by the Entrant. Sponsor estimates that it will take more than 100 hours to reach 80% "Rating Confidence" status. Sponsor does not know how many entries will be received in the Contest, nor can Sponsor predict the rating speed of the Entrants, and thus cannot estimate the odds of winning a prize. All ratings submitted by an Entrant must be the work of that Entrant. If two or more individuals rate Videos by using the same Account, or if an Entrant rates Videos he or she has not actually viewed, it is a violation of these Rules and may result in disqualification. Use of bots or other automated processes to submit ratings is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
5. Judging. Entries will be monitored by Sponsor, and evaluated by a panel of judges consisting of two (2) of Sponsor’s executive officers (the "Judges". The "Ratings Confidence" status of each entry will be calculated by Sponsor’s computer system algorithms. The Judges will identify the first eighty (80) Entrants to reach 80% "Ratings Confidence" status and declare them the winners of the Contest ("Winners"). The Judges will identify the Winners on a rolling basis, and the Winners will be identified before or by the End Date. In the event of a tie, the Judges will determine which Entrant has the earliest date of entry into the Contest, and declare that Entrant a Winner. If by the End Date the Judges have not yet identified eighty (80) Winners, Sponsor will award the remaining prizes to the Entrants with the next highest "Ratings Confidence" status, i.e., closest to 80% "Ratings Confidence" status, at the End Date. In the event of any tie, Sponsor will award the prize to the Entrant who reached the next highest "Ratings Confidence" status first, as measured by and in the sole discretion of Sponsor. The Judges have the right to disqualify any entry that is not in compliance with these Rules, in the Judges’ sole and absolute discretion.
6. Prizes. Each of the Winners will receive a Nintendo Wii game system with an estimated retail value of approximately $250.00. If the stated prize is unavailable, Sponsor has the right to substitute one or more items of equal or greater value, in its sole and absolute discretion. No prize is exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash.
7. Announcement; Winners. As the Winners are identified, Sponsor will notify the Winners by e-mail at the e-mail address associated with each Winner’s Account. Each of the Winners must affirmatively respond to the notification as directed and by the deadline specified in the e-mail. Winners (and parent(s) or guardian(s) of Winners under 21) may be required to sign a Declaration of Eligibility and a Publicity/Liability Release, to the extent not prohibited by law. If they are required, each Winner must complete those forms and return them to Sponsor prior to receipt of a prize. Each Winner must take possession of the prize as directed by Sponsor. Failure to comply with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification and the selection of alternate Winners. Each Winner will be solely responsible for complying with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, local, or other statutes, regulations, and other laws and for bearing any personal income or other taxes, fees, insurance, surcharges or other costs relating to any prize. Each Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with the Winner’s social security or tax payer identification number for tax purposes. 8. Representations. By entering the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the Entrant meets all eligibility requirements of the Contest; (b) the Entrant is the owner of the e-mail address listed in the entry; (c) in entering and participating in the Contest, the Entrant has complied and will comply in all respects with these Rules and all applicable statutes, regulations, and other laws; and (d) the entry consists entirely of the Entrant’s own Video ratings.
9. Release. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Contest, each Entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, the prize manufacturers, and any of their related companies and representatives from any and all responsibility or liability (including, without limitation, for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, such as compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, punitive, or other damages) arising out of or relating to: (a) the Contest; (b) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any prize; (c) any entries that have been tampered with or that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible; (d) computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, hardware, or software malfunctions or failures; garbled or jumbled transmissions; or Internet or website accessibility or delays; (e) printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials; or (f) any other technical or human errors occurring in connection with the Contest. THE PRIZES WILL BE GIVEN AWAY BY SPONSOR "AS IS." SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR PORTION THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. Termination. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest at any time prior to the End Date for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including without limitation in the event of fraud, abuse, or technical or other difficulties. In such cases, Sponsor will post a notice on the Contest Site, and send an e-mail notification to the e-mail address associated with each entry. If Sponsor ends the Contest prior to the End Date and 80 Winners have not yet been identified, Sponsor will award the remaining prizes to the Entrants with the next highest "Ratings Confidence" status, i.e., closest to 80% "Ratings Confidence" status, at the time Sponsor ends the Contest. In the event of any tie, Sponsor will award the prize to the Entrant who reached the next highest "Ratings Confidence" status first, as measured by and in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
11. Advertising. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Contest, each Entrant consents to the use by Sponsor, or any third party chosen by Sponsor, of any and all information related to the Contest, including any personal information obtained through the Contest, for advertising, marketing or other purposes. All such information becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by accepting a prize, each Winner consents to the print and online publication of the Winner’s name and address as part of a Winners’ List and to the use of the Winner’s name, voice, photograph, biographical material, and likeness by Sponsor or any third party chosen by Sponsor, for advertising, marketing, and other purposes without additional compensation. Other than as set forth herein, Sponsor will treat any personal information supplied by Entrants in connection with the Contest in accordance with Sponsor’s Policies.
12. No Endorsement. Nothing contained herein or in any of the Contest related materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor of the prize manufacturers, or any third party, product, or service.
13. Winner’s List; Mailing List. A list of Winners’ names may be obtained by sending a written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners," CozmoTV "80 For 80" Contest, Cozmo Media, Inc., 2021 26th Street, Suite 301, San Francisco, California 94107. Sponsor’s phone number is 1(415) 578-3466. Requests for removal from Sponsor’s mailing list may be made by sending a written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Mailing List" at the above address, or by calling Sponsor’s telephone number.
© 2006 Cozmo Media, Inc. All rights reserved.
COZMO and COZMO MEDIA are registered trademarks and COZMOTV is a trademark of Cozmo Media, Inc.
Other brands may be trademarks of their respective owners.